DateMatching (Suggest A Date)
How It Works!
Date Matching (Suggest A Date)
We let you play matchmaker. A member can refer a profile to a friend who's already signed up or not. An email notification will be sent with a link to view the profile.
Let Us Introduce You and Send You Out On Dates!
When we find someone whom we think is a good match for you based on your profile information, you will see their profile when you log on to your account if you are both are interested--go out on a date! We will let you both take it from there. In addition, you should choose a public activity that you both will enjoy.
Here are some great dating ideas/activities:
1. Museum of Fine Arts: Free one weekend a month, $25 regular admission, $30 for outdoor concerts in summer
2. Institute of Contemporary Art: Free on Thursday nights, $15 regular admission
3. Museum of Science: $22 regular admission to exhibit halls, $10 for IMAX
4. Drink: Hot bar on Boston waterfront dedicated to sophisticated mixology, about $11 per drink
5. New England Aquarium: $23
6. Magnolia Cafe: never heard of it
7. Toro: tapas and hopping bar scene
8. Arnold Arboretum: free
9. Cambridge Brewing Company: casual, beer
10. Trident Booksellers & Cafe: bookstore with coffee and snacks
New York City:
1. The High Line
2. The Brooklyn Kitchen
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art
4. New York Transit Museum
5. The Biergarten at the Standard
6. Trapeze School New York
7. Chelsea Piers Field House
8. American Museum of Natural History
9. New York Botanical Garden
10. Brooklyn Brewery
1. Yosemite National Park
2. San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
3. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
4. San Francisco Botanical Garden
5. Japanese Tea Garden
6. Aquarium of the Bay
7. San Francisco Zoo
8. The Independent Live Music Venue
9. Zeitgeist Beer Garden
10. iFLY SF Bay Indoor Skydiving
1. Texas Biking - find some good information and links on biking in Texas. Get outside and pedal Texas.
2. Hiking and Backpacking in Texas – find the perfect place to hike in Texas
4. Equestrian or Horseback Riding -
5. Tubing in Texas -- Texas Rivers like the Guadalupe, Brazos, San Marcos, or others are great for tubing and most outdoor activities
7. Rock Climbing - find out where to climb in Texas
8. Paraglide Texas - paragliding lessons, tours, gear, and more
9. Caving – explore Texas Caves
10. Scuba and Snorkeling - swim with the fish
11. Inline Stake Trails - here is a list and map of some good inline stake (bike and hike) trails
12. Surfing, Windsurfing, and Kite surfing - fun, exhilarating activities
13. Disc Golf - find courses, clubs, and more
Texas is well known for having a variety of outdoor activities that would be exciting and fun for daters:
1. Buckingham Palace Tour
2. London Bridge Cruise: Especially wonderful at night
3. London Eye: skyline overview of the whole city from atop the slowly rotating big wheel
4. The Science Museum and the National History Museum: entirely free, and tell stories not only of the UK, but of a host of international cultures, achievements and key historical ideas that are spectacularly laid out in their vast hallways and chambers.
5. The Markets of Colorful Camden Town: grab something from almost anywhere in the world, and shop from stores that happily sell a vast array of things you have never seen before.
1. The Vatican: where artwork and shapely architecture seems to appear round every corner. You will not meet the Pope, but you can climb to the platforms of St Peter’s Basilica and explore the dusty archives of the astonishingly vast Vatican Museum.
2. Grotto: see the tombs of the Popes and other Roman royalties.
3. The Tiber: You and your date can grab an ice cream and head over to the sites the other side. See the magnificent but crumbling Coliseum, the small but beautiful pools of the Trevi Fountain (take some small change to throw in), and the Roman grandeur of countless uncovered ruins and crumbling yet exquisite churches. Think ‘Angels and Demons’ on a far grander scale.
4. Stadio Olimpico: Enjoy an evening Soccer game with your date.
1. Venice is famous for its gondola rides. They are romantic, but quite expensive, due to their enduring popularity. A gondola ride that goes under the Bridge of Sighs is a must-do for lovers. In addition, a good idea for a fun first dates.
2. Saint Mark’s Basilica, the Correr Museum, or the world-famous clock tower of Torre dell’Orologio will leave you gasping in amazement; and floating down the canals in a gondola.
1. The Eiffel Tower (and its heady restaurant)
2. Notre Dame: the centre of so many pieces of writing it seems almost superfluous to describe them; just go.
3. The Musee de Quai Branly museum: where you will find indigenous relics and a café with great Eiffel Tower views
4. The Sainte Chapelle: with its fantastic stained glass, widely regarded as one of the world’s most beautiful churches.
5. the Latin Quarter: with its fine restaurants, it is an ideal location for you and your date to dine.
6. The twin: contrasting banks of the Seine (and the chance to dance and snack your way along them) are almost as notorious as the surrounding architecture. The astounding cruise along the river offers a real taste of what it is to be Parisian.
1. Chapel Bridge: Inside the delicate wooden struts of the structure, you will find images of 12th century life in Lucerne, a charming taste of local history.
2. Mount Pilatus: is so close to the town that it seems to almost hover over the center, and can be ascended by breathtakingly steep cog railway for still more intense panoramas.
3. Swiss Alps: enjoy a sense of history blended with a difficult to match small-town, old-world feel and plenty of snowy peaks.
1. The famous Manneken Pis: (a statue of a little boy engaged in endless urination) is the lower half’s primary attraction, while you will also find the ornate columns of the Grand Palace highly picture-worthy, and the multiple artistic museums (incorporating anything from cartoons to renaissance portraits) are world class. The new Magritte-museum is worth visiting.
2. Visit one of the many parks in Brussels and cafés for a cup of coffee and “getting to know you” conversation.
1. Bavarian town: overlooking the Tauber River and an important stop along the Romantic Road.
2. Walking town: take a walk and from which you both can observe the beautiful town squares, medieval architecture, and colorful village rooftops. You can relax in a biergarten with breathtaking views, browse for handmade crafts in one of the many shops, stop off at one of the many bakeries, and grab a delicious pastry and a cup of coffee or tea.
1. Royal Botanical Gardens - the Royal Botanical Gardens is one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world. More than one million botanical specimens may be viewed and there is a train available to take visitors from one spot to another.
2. Australian Outback - Considered one of the few remaining wilderness areas in the world, the Outback is a rugged expanse of desert and kangaroos and, in the northern part of its range, a wet/dry tropical climate with gorges and waterfalls.
3. Australian Museum - Everything from mummies to dinosaurs has a place in the Australian Museum. Learn all about Australia, its inhabitants, geography, and interesting wild life.
4. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary - Hug one of the world's most endearing animals, the koala. Near Brisbane, the Sanctuary is also home to Australia's native kangaroos, emus, and wallabies. Enjoy feeding the animals and learning more about Australia's wildlife.
5. Daintree Village - Daintree Village on the banks of the Daintree River is a look into the past. River tours range from crocodile and wildlife spotting tours to Aboriginal culture tours. Go fishing, experience what it's like to work in a cattle station, visit museums, and enjoy the services at the Silky Oaks Spa.
6. Victorian Alps - In the summer, hike the peaks, fish, rock climb, or bike the Victorian Alps for phenomenal mountain views. In the winter, experience the best skiing Australia has to offer. Near Melbourne, there are plenty of resorts and hotels for quiet respite.
7. Great Barrier Reef - The world's largest coral reef is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Australia. Diving, surfing, snorkeling, and fishing are popular activities. Rental equipment is available and beginning scuba diving classes are offered for those who are new to the sport.
(Note: If you want to be successfully matched, then you must complete your profile questions and upload a flattering of yourself to ensure the best results.)